The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy 1 Month, baby Emersyn!


I. CANNOT. BELIEVE. IT! 1 month has passed since I gave birth to the sweetest baby girl in the world. Memories of labor are still way too vivid to think about any siblings for little girl in the future, but one month is a lot of time to have passed when some days I have wondered if we will make it another hour. So much has happened in these first 28 days and little girl has come so far and changed so much. Her little facial features are much more defined and she has her own little look, she doesn't just have that "newborn squishy face" look. Her little personality is definitely coming out, she is so precious!
Baby Emersyn LOVES looking at lights, particularly Christmas lights. She has the sweetest smile with a little dimple on her left cheek. Her hair is starting to lighten up on the ends, and is growing so fast. She still loves to have her hands on her face all the time- she did this all the time in the womb as well. She is a pro at tummy time and likes to scoot around when we put her on her belly. Her neck control is amazing and she loves to hold her head and and look at you when you are holding her. She loves to stay awake and is a mess at fighting sleep- we are in for a ride! She has the biggest, brightest, and prettiest dark eyes that melt my heart. She has long, skinny legs like her daddy and wears newborn pants in the waist, but at least 3 months in the length- she definitely didn't get that from her mama :) I was afraid we were going to have a thumb sucker on our hands, but she had some difficulty keeping her thumb in her mouth and has taken up a paci instead- we use this when she starts fighting sleep and it seems to help. I love dressing my little doll up, right now we are trying to squeeze in all of her Christmas outfits :)
For the weeks before and after Christmas, my little family came to stay at my parent's house in "the country" to celebrate a long holiday. Emersyn loves it here, particularly outside- she can stare out the windows all day! We have LOVED having visitors coming to love on our little angel. Since we delivered about 4 hours from my hometown, our visitors were minimal, now that she has a bit more immune system our visitors are coming from near and far to get a glance at little bit. It has really worked out nicely. Emersyn's first outing was to my home church and she was a pro. Of course, she got plenty of loving :) At least we are getting all those little bitty Feltman Brothers dresses worn! The country is such a nice vacation. 
Dash, Ann, and Kenny visiting our little angel
Morgan and Donna with sweet girl
After her first visit to church in her sweet little bubble :)

E's tummy issues have gotten 100 times better. She is still on the Zantac and cramp medicine 2 times a day and taking a probiotic. Baby girl hasn't cried a hurt cry in many days which makes for a very happy mommy. She spits up a tiny, tiny bit with most feedings and that is our biggest complaint. Praise God!
As far as mommy goes, I am waiting to turn into an herb.  My milk supply still hasn't picked up any despite efforts to put E to the breast every 2 hours, pump when she sleeps longer, and take an herbal cocktail about 10 times a day! Yes, it is frustrating, but she is getting some breast milk and that is better than none at all. I have just had to accept this is our normal and it's ok- I can't beat myself up daily over something that just isn't going to be. I still have a smidget of hope that one day I will pump and fill up a bottle, but chances of that happening get a little slimmer each day. I had no idea it would be this challenging, but I feel confident I have done everything possible and apparently this was just our plan. Since we have had so much difficulty with breast feeding, we have introduced bottles and little girl takes them like a champ, it  has been a relief and allows everyone else to pitch in and help especially when mama needs a nap because she's been up all night :)
We took E for her first visit to see Santa today and she slept through it :) I was just thrilled to have that picture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment