The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

We had a wonderful first Christmas together as a little family. Emersyn managed to wear all of her Christmas outfits and was a trooper during all the family Christmas time. Of course, she was spoiled rotten with more books, toys, and blankets than she ever needed :) My favorite toy is her ladybug rocking horse from Gran and Peeps. It is out of the world precious and we can't wait for E to be able to sit up so she can ride it! I had a fantastic Christmas with my sweet girl and husband, precious puppies, and amazing family. Just that was enough, then Lance and E surprised me with the SLR camera I have been begging for :) It was so sweet and thoughtful. Mom was so thoughtful and got me a new water bottle since mine was bent and scratched to pieces and a necklace like the one I always steal from her. I didn't need or expect gifts, but am so grateful for what I was given. 
Lance and I have been brainstorming and stealing ideas from friends of traditions to start with E next year during Christmas. We pray everyday that if we do one thing as parents it will be to lead Emersyn towards Jesus. We pray for her heart daily, and have since she was in the womb. We want, more than anything, for her to understand the true meaning of Christmas. We want her to be excited about Jesus' birthday before anything else. We love the idea of a birthday cake and birthday celebration on Christmas day, as well as the sweet tradition I grew up with of reading the Christmas story before bed on Christmas Eve. We have many fun years ahead of letters to Santa and watching for Rudolph's nose, but I pray these are all secondary in our house to the celebration of the birth of our Savior.
How can you not love that face? 
We had an eventful week leading up to Christmas and spent one afternoon in the ER. E had been screaming for over 2 hours and was completely inconsolable. She started losing her breath from crying so hard, so we loaded up and headed for Children's ER. That was the first and last trip I want to make there, or to any ER with this little girl! They examined little girl and did a belly x-ray and I just knew something awful would be wrong, but the doctor told us she was just a very good actress with a very bad temper and a belly full of gas! Boy, do we have some fun years to look forward to :) 
We have been a fussy, invalid family this Christmas, but we have had the best time together. Christmas Eve morning, dad threw his back out again and has been confined to the bed since. We still have a fussy little E most days, but nothing like the fit she threw to go to the ER. Even BoJackson got sick and threw up one day. The rest of us are just tired :)  There is still no place I would rather be this time of year and am so thankful for the family we have been blessed with.
E is now 5 weeks old! I can't believe we are on our way to the big 6 week mark. She is growing like a weed and about to pop out of newborn diapers. We can tell some of her newborn sleepers are about to be too mall as well. She will sleep for 4 hour stretches at night between feedings and is just as sweet as ever :) I love this little girl to pieces and am still trying to figure out what I did for the 24 years before her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment