The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy 6 Months, Emersyn!

How are we already celebrating 1/2 a year with our sweet girl? Time has FLOWN by extremely too fast. I am trying to hold on and capture every second and make the most out of every minute (even during screaming, crying fits!) but they are all going by faster than I can catch them.  It was only yesterday we found out we were going to have a little girl, it seems, and there is no way it has been six whole months since we welcomed her into the world.  I know, it's not slowing down anytime soon....
So, what all has our big girl been up to this month? Well, we had E's 6 month visit at the pediatrician, and she got all good remarks :) E is 19 lbs 15.6 ounces (97%) and 27 inches long (90%).  Little girl is definitely not lacking in the size category! She is developing perfectly as well.  She can sit up without assistance long enough to watch an entire Baby Einstein movie (which is her absolute FAVORITE!), she is scooting and rolling everywhere- still waiting for that first crawl, she has started mimicking sounds and so far has mastered rolling her lips making a spitting sound and smacking, she loves to eat and does it very well, she has started reaching for us when she wants out of a toy or to be picked up, she cries if you walk out of the room, she responds to her name, and just gets sweeter by the day! Emersyn has the sweetest personality, she loves to laugh and smile.  She has started giving "kisses" where she reaches for your face with her mouth wide open and lands a big wet one wherever her mouth hits :) Melts. My. Heart.  A big milestone we just reached this past week is Emersyn is now napping in her crib and sleeping some of the night in there as well! Yay, E! She is doing great, I am the one with the separation anxiety issues :(  
Sleeping in her own room in her crib is not something we have stressed over or pushed. We are definitely NOT "cry it out" parents and you could classify us as more of "attached" parents if you need to give us a label, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It has made life so much less stressful and relaxed, E is doing a great job sleeping on her own now and it was just something that came with age. 
I have learned so much in these past 6 months of being a mom.  One thing that really disappointing me is all of the "parties" of parenting.  Parenting is just another classification system to too many. And discussing your views on parenting can cause a commotion nothing less of a political debate.  Yes, this has caused way too much stress and unnecessary thoughts as a mom, too often I wonder if I am doing the best thing for my child because what I prefer is the least popular of parenting styles and too many ideas flood my mind from people who are not MY baby's mom. Just in case someone reading this is struggling with the same thing, this is my conclusion and it has freed me.  Every baby is different, and what works for one may be detrimental to another, as a mom I know my baby better than anyone else. Yes, most days if a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics observed us, they would probably gasp, and I don't care at all.  I am a complete hippie and germophobe when it comes to being a mom, and I am ok with it.  I do many things now I swore I never would, and I get over it and move on.  Being a mom is too much of a blessing to sit and fret over each and every decision, and I choose to turn my frets into thanksgiving to God for choosing me to be E's mom :)
I have learned so many positive things, too. I have learned and experienced true joy and unconditional love unlike I knew existed.  I have learned that a clean house is not as important as 15 extra minutes of play time in the floor making silly noises and faces to get a giggle.  I am so thankful that I am blessed enough to be a stay at home mom with Emersyn. I never doubted this was my ultimate goal, but I had no idea how amazing it could actually be.  Yes, I spent 5 years earning a degree just in case being a mom wasn't in the cards for me and I use that knowledge every time I introduce a new fruit or vegetable to E and we review the nutritional benefits :) I never imagined or planned my  life around being a mom so soon, but boy am I glad I am not the one in control! I could not imagine a plan any greater.
Emersyn, I LOVE being your mommy.  Here is to the next 6 months being even more enjoyable than the first 6. I wish time could pause or slow down just for a second, but I know there is no such thing, so we will have fun and absorb all the time together that we can.  I will cherish everyday with you, even the days when you won't nap and pitch fits, and be thankful for your cries.  I love you more than I ever thought was possible, and this love only increases daily.  I can't wait to see what all you do this next month, I am sure you will continue to amaze and surprise me. You are such a precious gift, and I hope you always know that your mommy loves you, No. Matter. What :) I love you, Emy-boo!




No comments:

Post a Comment