The Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Twenty-NINE weeks!

One more week in the 20s, then it's on to much bigger things in the 30s :) Emersyn is growing like a weed, and loves practicing her runs in mommy's belly. Her favorite place to kick really hard is my right side, just below my ribs. Silly little girl :) 
Lance and I had a HUGE past weekend. I kept meaning to update the blog, but I have been so tired that my head has been hitting the pillow by 6:30 every night. We, along with my precious mother, took a trip to Dothan to try and tie up some loose ends before we make our final move. I had a doctor's appointment with a new OB, Lance had a ton of stuff to accomplish for work, and we really needed to find a place to live. Originally, mom and I were going to look at houses on Monday before my doctor's appointment and hopefully try to make a good decision. Lance and I knew we wanted to rent because we aren't sure how long we will be staying in Dothan, but we were terrified at some of the options we were looking at. One of my mom's best friends has family in the area who suggested a different realty company who mostly deals with rentals. We contacted them and they wanted to meet us Sunday night when we got in town and show us a house that was a good fit. We saw this house and it was alright, we didn't really care for the neighborhood, and the house was pretty tiny, but we could make it work. Then, the realtor told us he had one more house not too far away that they had not even listed yet, but he wanted to show us. AND IT WAS PERFECT! It was more than Lance and I could have ever expected- a gorgeous, brand new kitchen with plenty of storage AND a pantry, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms that were absolutely beautiful, a huge fenced-in backyard for our angel puppies, a covered patio, beautiful landscaping, a fireplace to hang stockings, a neighbor puppy who is obnoxious as our babies, a garage, it's one of the closest locations to Lance's work, about 1/4 mile from a brand new Publix, and an absolutely precious little neighborhood. It was completely a God thing, we later found out this house could have been back on the market months ago but the realtors held out-they weren't sure why at the time, but we are so thankful! The entire weekend, we were just blessed over and over and over. We had a house to live in before Monday morning even came :) There would have been no way mom and I would have been able to look on Monday and get anything accomplished- we drove around in circles most of the day :) But, we were able to put the utilities in our name, get the deposit, and grab lunch :) Lance finished at the plant early and was able to go to the doctor with us- another HUGE God thing. I hated hated hated hated my doctor here in Auburn, actually I hated the entire group, especially after all of the passing out and high bp episodes I had a couple of weeks ago. Dr.Phillips in Dothan was heaven-sent. She was perfect, I didn't leave with a bag full of formula samples, but with information on local pediatricians and breastfeeding information. We discussed what I was planning for delivery, and she was completely supportive of natural birth. I will get to hold Emersyn immediately after she is born, we won't have to wait for her weight, length, bath, and assessment- they can make sure she is up to par on mommy's chest :) My sweet new doctor spent a ton of time of talking to us and making sure we felt comfortable- I LOVED the entire experience. After months and months of so many tears, anxiety, prayers, and unfortunate doubts- Lance and I understand why we had to wait and persevere. It was well worth the wait.  We are so excited for our new little life with our sweet baby girl!
Now, I get to decorate a real house and my sweet angel's nursery :) I have a real kitchen to cook in, and our sweet babies can run and run and run without any fear they will get in the road :) Thank you, Lord, for your beautiful blessings and awesome promises! 
This weekend, Lance and I are enjoying time together before the madness of moving starts. We are taking Emersyn to her first Auburn game and loving on my sweet family. Monday is a holiday, so we are sleeping a lot :) Next weekend, after the Mississippi State game, we are starting our move to our new home (we will back in Auburn for a few weeks following that). We are watching Miss Emy (and mommy's belly) grow daily. We can't wait to meet our sweet girl!! 
We didn't snap a belly picture before I changed to lounge clothes and that looks rather rough. We will get one Saturday, there will be plenty of documenting for baby girl's first big game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment